Since 1999, Alltournative has developed eco-tourist projects that have benefited the economic, social and cultural development of various Maya communities. Alltournative is the pioneer in ecotourism practices in the State of Quintana Roo, Mexico through their tours and excursions in the Riviera Maya.
The tourist-based economic sustainable development offered by Alltournative is of vital importance to the Maya Communities as an alternate occupation to adverse conditions of the land which allows only for poor subsistence agriculture.
In each ecotourism project and through its tours in Riviera Maya and Yucatan, Alltournative has achieved significant economic sustainable development for the inhabitants, established programs for cultural and ecologic preservation as well as promoted the natural and cultural treasures of Mexico, as cenotes and archaeological sites, for example.
Alltournative through its work alongside the Maya communities seeks to:
- Increase the income of the Maya communities.
- Create direct jobs inside the community and prevent migration of the inhabitants.
- Improve life quality for the inhabitants.
- Education of the inhabitants in ecotourism practices.
- Preserve and rescue customs and culture.
- Preserve flora and fauna.
- Promote respect for traditional customs within the community.
- Provide an opportunity of cultural and professional development to the members of the community, primarily focusing on children and adolescents.
The sustainable development of the Maya communities is supported by the agreements made with community groups, committed not only to reach social and economic development but also to prevent logging and hunting in the areas visited by tourists through excursions in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan.
Through these agreements the protection and conservation of large areas of tropical rainforest, the great diversity of flora and fauna is achieved.
Check out our Sustainability Report 2016