"Excellent tour. This was the best of three tours I took while in Mexico. I loved the untouched sites cenote, zip line..."
Steve Cerodio (Canada)
The Jungle Maya
An unforgettable off-track adventure.
Enter into the amazing Sac-Actun cenote system, the world longest underground river, explored and recommended by National Geographic Snorkeler specialized cave divers. Snorkel in the Nohoch Nah Chiich cavern, surrounded by awesome rock formations and millenary stalactites and stalagmites. Ride through the exuberant rain forest on our all-terrain Mercedes Benz Unimogs. Live a great experience rappelling into a beautiful cenote and swim in Yaxmuul, a unique natural pool. Enjoy nature and fly over the jungle’s foliage on exciting zip-lines. Discover a mystic cenote where you will participate in a traditional Maya purification ceremony. All the locations are exclusive for our small groups. Our specialized tour guides are fully bilingual and will provide thorough explanations and directions before each activity.
Availability (MORNING PICKUP)
From Cancún: Monday to Saturday
From Riviera Maya: Monday to Saturday
Availability (EVENING PICKUP)
From Riviera Maya: Monday to Friday
Regular Price: $119USD Adults | $89USD Children (6-12)
Itinerary07:00 to 08:00 a.m. Pick-up at different hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun.
02:00 to 03:00 p.m. Arrive at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun.
Estimated tour duration: 4 hours plus transportation
- Visit Rancho San Felipe, a secluded family ranch and meet the keepers of the Nohoch Nah Chiich cave, the amazing entrance to the Sac-Actun underground river system, the world’s longest underwater river, explored throughout 137 miles.
- Snorkel surrounded by awesome rock formations and millenary stalactites and stalagmites in the crystal clear waters.
- Cross-country the jungle aboard our original Mercedes Benz Unimogs, the major 4x4 vehicle in the world.
- Trekking along a didactic jungle path to learn about the best preserved biodiversity in the area.
- Rappel 40ft down, and swim in Yaxmuul, a natural underground pond of pristine water and beautiful rock formations.
- 3 zip-line Canopy circuit throughout the lush forest, the last one is water landing.
- Mayan purification ceremony in a beautiful dry cave, a very mystic scenario.
- Keep your memories with the set of pictures taken during all the activities by native photographers.
- Indulge yourself with a wonderful lunch buffet of home-made traditional food and soft drinks.
The Expedition includes:Transportation in van, traditional lunch and beverages, 4x4 ride, bilingual tour guide for all day, all equipment required for activities (life vests, snorkel gear, helmets, zip-line gear) towels and lockers.
Does not include:Tips for our guides, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs or photographs.
Recommendations: Bring comfortable shoes (no flip flops), bathing suit on, comfortable clothing, shirt and extra cash or credit card for souvenirs and photos. Biodegradable insect repellent and a clean towel will be provided. No sunscreen is needed since all activities are performed in the shade.
Important: This expedition is not suitable for handicapped people, or people who suffer heart, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or for any who are obese (over 264 pounds). Children under 6 years old cannot participate. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substance won’t be allowed to participate in this expedition.